Thursday, February 7, 2013

What would be the best programming language to learn if I wanted to make Android apps?

making android apps
 on Android Apps To Make You Laugh - TheAppleGoogle
making android apps image



Alex


I'm taking an introductory C++ class in high school and I really like it. Although I could never make a career out of it, I think it would be cool to be able to make android apps sometime in the future.
What would be the best programming language to learn to do it? I think Android uses Java to an extent, but does it use any others?
Thanks :-)



Answer
Java and Javascript for Android.
Objective-C (C based) for iPhone.

Don't worry, though. If you get good with the basics of a language, it's mainly a matter of syntax to jump to another one. Just make sure you get good at the basics. (Functions, conditions, looping, recursion, classes, etc. . .)

How can you make money from android apps?




Jason


I am taking a class on programming android apps. I want to find a way to make money from my app. It is a app that helps people find the latest events at their universities. How can I monetize it?


Answer
Thats a good idea for a app, Jason. Try your best to make it happen!

To answer your question about making money from apps, there are a couple of ways you can do this. One, you can always charge people to use your app, but I don't recommend this. Based on my experience from making apps, I noticed that free apps always have a ton of more users than paid apps. Your userbase will reduce by at least 50% if you charge people to download the app.

So my recommendation would be to provide a free app, and monetize it somehow like using ads, premium content, and other things. Since you said your app is about the latest events at universities, you can always charge people to put their events at the top!

Good luck!

How do you make websites into Android apps?




King Yoshi


All the time you see apps that direct you to mobile versions of websites. From notable, like Ebay, to mundane, one-man websites.

So how do I create an app for my own website?



Answer
These web sites really aren't apps, they are just web sited formatted for use on a mobile device. You would have to setup your web server to detect the if the user is using a mobile browser, then redirect the browser to the mobile version of the page instead of the normal version.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment