Friday, February 8, 2013

How do you close applications in Android, Honeycomb?

honeycomb android
 on  Intel    tablets  ...
honeycomb android image



h8gwb


I recently bought a Toshiba Thrive tablet that comes with Honeycomb. When I open apps there is no option to close them. How do you close them so that they don't use memory.?


Answer
On my android phone its Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Running.

Then you select whichever app and select Stop. (Sure am glad they simplified it.)

What the different between android gingerbread and honeycomb?




Bebrielle


What are the diffent between honeycomb and gingerbread? Cause I want to buy android tablet and there is 2 version android honeycomb and gingerbread..

^ is there anything Like apple jailbreak and download application for free on android.



Answer
Gingerbread is a smartphone OS, designed for smartphone, there are tablets like galaxy which have gingerbread but those are like smartphones OS with bigger screen.

Where as Honeycomb is designed for Tablets with multiple views and some good changes in native apps wich makes it ideal for Tablets

Few months down the line there will be icecream sandwitch Android OS, which will be a merger or gingerbread and honeycomb

How can I easily adapt my existing Android app to Honeycomb?




Adrian


Currently I have an app which works on Android 1.6 and above. I'd rather not have to rewrite a separate application for Honeycomb and I can't find much help anywhere. Is there an easy way for me to adapt it to work on Android 3.0+ with a proper tablet interface rather than just magnifying my Android-phone interface. Thanks!


Answer
You're going to have to write new XML layouts with different screen size qualifiers. Most of the time a layout designed for a small phone screen will have to be substantially redesigned to look nice on a tablet.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment