Sunday, February 10, 2013

What is a good app/program to backup an Android phone?

backup android
 on Freeware Download: Freegate For Android
backup android image



OBS99


I am brand new to the android world, and am helping someone with a new Android phone. I've used only Palm and Windows smartphones in the past. I'm looking for a program/app that does a backup of the phone--files and system profile...everything. I want something that isn't expensive. If it synced w/ the computer, that would be great, but not essential. The ability to run auto scheduled backups would be nice too, but not a deal breaker. Any good suggestions?


Answer
Try panda PC SUITE.
PC Suite fully supports mobile phones on the iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile platforms. As long as you have PC Suite, massive resources are free to access.

you can use pc suite to manage your phone (apps ringtones)

http://android.pandaapp.com

And go to the download page,I think you can find anything (games&apps) you want. ALL FOR FREE!

How can I backup my Outlook contacts to my Android phone but not in my Telephone Contacts?




Jonathan


I have thousands of entries in my address book and don't want them cluttering my telephone contacts where I have about 150. I need an address book like the one I use to have on my Palm.


Answer
There is actually a very simple way to do this. You'll need to download the free DejaOffice app on your Android phone to get started. This will give you the Palm-style address book you're looking for, and more (calendars, tasks, notes, Outlook categories, etc). It will also allow you to keep your Outlook contacts separate from your Android contacts.

In order to sync your Outlook data over to the phone, you'll need to download CompanionLink for Outlook on your PC. This will allow you to sync via multiple methods - just be sure not to pick sync through Google or you will end up with your Outlook contacts being stored together with your Android contacts. CompanionLink for Outlook is $39.95, and we offer a 2-week free trial so you can give it a "test drive" first. The links for both DejaOffice and CompanionLink for Outlook are included below. Let me know if you have any additional questions!


David Z
CompanionLink Software

How do I automatically sync/backup videos and photos from my android phone to my google drive?




doublechoc


I can get it to sync to the google plus photos but I want the photos to show up in my google drive. I need it in the drive in order to be able to sync the drive to my NAS device (which doesn't support SFTP).

Thanks.



Answer
There is no way to automatically sync your videos to Google Drive. You just have to do it manually.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment