Thursday, February 7, 2013

How do I subscribe to an iTunes podcast on an Android phone?

podcast android
 on ...     DoggCatcher Podcast Player v1.2.3040
podcast android image



Gregg


I enjoy listening to a podcast called "We Love Movies" on iTunes. I now have an android phone, (which apparently doesn't do iTunes) so I'm trying to find an app to subscribe to the WLM podcast. When I search for it on Google Reader, it finds it but when I try to subscribe, it says "The feed URL does not appear to be a valid RSS or Atom feed. Most likely the URL is for the web page...look for a direct link to the RSS feed."

So I click on the "RSS" link at the bottom of the Spin1038 webpage (the producers of WLM) and I get a page full of code that I don't know what to do with.

I contacted the "We Love Movies" radio show staff but they didn't know ("don't currently support"). Is it ONLY available through iTunes? Surely there's a workaround?



Answer
Visit the Podcast location and then, click "Subscribe"

Good luck!

How do I listen to continuous podcasts on my android?




Michael N


Hello all =)

I have never bothered with podcasts before and am a little lost. I have downloaded .podkast for my MotoDroid and have found some really interesting channels. I don't like having to choose another podcast every time one ends as i would like to listen to one continuously so I'm not fumbling with my phone every 20 mins or so.

How may I best accomplish this? is there a better app to use? or perhaps another method entirely of accomplishing this goal?

BONUS: I'm really interested in astronomy as well as anything else technological. I have watched almost every video on TED to give you an idea. What are some good channels to listen to?

And always thank you in advance.

-Mike



Answer
I use the Google Listen App. It has a queue that you add podcasts to. When one is finished, the next one starts and you can obviously adjust the order of the queue so that your favorites are at the top.

You can subscribe to podcasts in the app or use Google Reader to manage your subscriptions. Once you have your subscriptions set up, you just hit one button to check for new podcasts and you can add the new podcast episodes to the queue. I just looked, and I am subscribed to 54, yet I never have to check them individually. I am always notified with fresh content.

Be aware that you are not limited to podcasts in their directory. Using Google Reader, you can add any podcast feed to Listen.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment